Saturday, August 29, 2015

An Introduction



Hello and welcome to my little corner of the internet. Before I go any further, I would like to tell you a little about myself and who I am, where I come from.

I was raised in a mid-size city called Springfield, Missouri. I lived here from before kindergarten through the age of 21. A month into my 21st year I joined the Air Force where I served from July of 2000 until July of 2007. In that short amount of time I lived in Texas, Turkey, and deployed for approximately six months to Balad, Iraq.

I am a mom of four children ages 7, 6, 4, and 2 years old (three girls and one boy). My husband has been in the Air Force for over 18 years.

My dream has always been to be an elementary teacher. After the military and being a stay at home mom I decided to make my one time dream become a reality. It has been a great journey thus far, and I am excited with the possibilities that my future holds in the school system

The purpose of the blogfolio is to keep a permanent portfolio of all of my work. This is both important and useful because when I receive my teaching certification I will have this collection of work to go back and utilize as needed. It is a great idea and concept, as well as a great way to ensure it doesn't get destroyed an/or deleted as paper files or files on a computer. It is also a great idea because as a teacher we need to be schooled on technology frequently and keep up with our students, as well as learn about technology so we can ensure our future students will be taught with appropriate information.

No comments:

Post a Comment