Tuesday, November 17, 2015

A Teacher's Best Friend

Teachers are realizing that technology can be a blessing in the classroom and especially as a way to communicate with parents and guardians. There have been many times that I remember one of my children losing their calendar, or perhaps I deleted an email from my daughter's teacher that I should not have deleted.

Enter Google Sites. Google Sites is free (yay for free!) and it allows someone to build and totally customize their own website. I was able to find a free background for my blog via an online scrapbooking website to spruce my site up a little. I added in an about me section, created a calendar,

Here is a screenshot of my website, Mrs. Garza's Fabulous First Graders:


I had a lot of fun creating this website and really wish that my daughters' teachers would use a free website. I feel that I already did a lot of the legwork in designing it and creating it, now I will update it once I have my own classroom full of students. I can include my class calendar for homework, field trips, and special dates; a school calendar; an about me page; as well as a list of important and valuable online resources for my parents to use with their children at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment